- 29th Feb, 2016
- Cities Towns and Villages
Friendship, WI 53934 is located near the Township of Adams in Adams County on State Highway 13 right between Wisconsin Rapids and Wisconsin Dells. It’s considered a village. It features the area hospital, airport, swimming beach, county seat and Friendship mound that overlooks the village. Just north of town is Friendship Lake, Friendship Park, Friendship Mound and Roche-A-Cri State Park featuring Roche-A-Cri Mound, the steepest in the state that has 303 steps to the top. Once at the top, there is a platform that gives you a view of the whole surrounding area.
Photos, Pictures & Images
Friendship is more commonly known as Adams/Friendship because the City of Adams is directly south touching the Village, integrating utilities, school systems and services. But Friendship Village offers the local Airport, Hospital, Sandy Beach for Swimming, Sledding hill at the Park and the Golf Course. The view of Friendship Mound is best seen right on main street where you will find several family owned businesses. There are several mid to large fishing lakes within 15 minutes including, Friendship Lake, Arkdale Lake, Big Roche-A-Cri Lake, Easton Lake, Patrick Lake, Lake Camelot, Twin Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Lake Sherwood, Castle Rock Lake ( 4th Largest Lake in Wisconsin ) and Lake Petenwell, Wisconsin’s 2nd largest inland lake.
Famous Wisconsin Dells is not far away to the South of Friendship and offers shopping, fine dining and unique entertainment. But it is more than just a tourist area. It’s really a recreational and wildlife haven. It is peppered with vacation and getaway cabins, and campsites, whose owners come from Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, Rockford, Appleton and some of the snowbird states like Florida, Arizona and California. The general area is also rich in farmland and recreational opportunities. It has easy interstate access, an abundance of Public Land open to hunting, ATV routes, Snowmobile Trails, fishing lakes, trout streams, several golf courses and other outdoor amenities that are too numerous to mention . There are also plenty of Wisconsin Wildlife including Whitetail deer, turkeys, geese, ducks, eagles and many, many more wild creatures that call this area their home.
Friendship Quick Facts
- Adams Township of Adams County, Central Wisconsin
- Access: State Highway - 13
- Classification: Village.
- General Population: under 1,000 people
- Area Code - 608
- Mailing Zip Code - 53934
- Area Lakes: Lake Petenwell, Castle Rock Lake, Friendship Lake, Arkdale Lake, Big Roche-A-Cri Lake and the Tri-Lakes that consists of Arrowhead, Camelot and Sherwood Lakes
- Area Terrain: mostly flat land with sandy soil, several rock formations with man-made lakes, creeks, streams, irrigated farm fields and abundant woodlands
- Main Area Features: Airport, Farming, County Seat, Small and Mid-Size Businesses, Recreational Lakes, Churches, Bars, Real Estate, Vacation Area, Golf Courses, Snowmobile Trails, State Park, County Fair Grounds
- County Roads – J and M
- School District – Adams/Friendship
- History – Founded by Settlers from Friendship, New York
Cabins & Homes for Sale in Preston Township
Acreage & Land for Sale in Preston Township
Village of Friendship, WI 53934Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.