by Tanya Rothe
Welcome to Wisconsin Dells WI 53965: The Waterpark Capital of the World! If you are looking for fun and excitement for the whole family, then this is the place for you. Wisconsin Dells has best tourist attractions that you could imagine. Filled with hotels, resorts, waterparks, museums, restaurants and much more! The Dells is one of the most favorite places to spend your vacations because there is something for everybody. If you choose to enjoy it year-round, it is a prime real estate location. Wisconsin Dells is only 50 miles North of Madison and about 30 minutes South of Friendship, Wisconsin.
The city is made up of two townships: the City of Wisconsin Dells and the Village of Lake Delton. There are many permanent residential houses for sale and for rent along with around 10,000 hotel rooms and lodging opportunities to choose from. The Barabook/Lake Delton airport is nearby for smaller flights and there is a larger regional airport in Madison, Wisconsin. ATV routes are only a short drive away in Wisconsin Dells in Adams County, Central Wisconsin. There are many scenic areas to enjoy while you are visiting in the area including The Dells of the Wisconsin River which is filled with beautiful gorges and breathtaking rock formations that were created 15,000 years ago during the Ice Age.
Besides its various exciting waterparks, resorts, and shopping, Wisconsin Dells entertains its guests and residents with many fun annual events. People come from all over the country to take part in the fun, especially for the WO-ZHA-WA Fall festival every year. It celebrates our autumn season with tons of free activities for the whole family including craft fairs, live music, a parade and so much more. So, whether you want to stay year round or come for just a visit, you’ll have an unforgettable time filled with memories and fun for the whole family!
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 is located in both Sauk and Columbia Counties right on the Wisconsin River just south of Juneau & Adams County. The Wisconsin Dells post office delivers mail to all 4 counties; Adams, Juneau, Columbia and Sauk. This area features Castle Rock Lake, Wisconsin River, Lake Delton, Campgrounds, Waterparks, Public Land, Trout Streams, Rock Formations, Golf Courses, Shopping, Attractions, Restaurants, Outdoor Adventures, Wildlife, Zoo and much more… With 4 million annual visitors it’s one of the Midwest most popular tourist areas with visitors’ from all over the world but mostly from Chicago, St Paul, Milwaukee, Madison, Rockford and Green Bay to name a few cities.
The Dells Quick Facts
- Columbia County & Sauk County on the Wisconsin River
- Area: 19 sq. miles
- General Size of City – Around 2,600 people but gets about 4 million visitors per year!
- Main Area Lakes – Castle Rock Lake, Lake Delton, Mason Lake, Wisconsin River and Lake Blass
- Area Features: Schools, Post Office, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Cafes, Gas Stations, Snowmobiling, Campgrounds, Water Parks, Gift Shops, Health Care, Interstate Access, Public Land,
- Known as the Waterpark Capital of the World
- Has about 20 Indoor/Outdoor waterparks & 20 campgrounds.
- Has 2 visitor centers: 701 Superior Street and is open from 9am to 5pm 7 days a week, 31 Meadowview Drive and is open Saturday-Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday from 10am to 6pm.
- Area Terrain – Mostly Wooded, Rolling Terrain, Wisconsin River Basin, Rock Formations, Sand, Sandstone, some Farm Fields…
- Area Code - 608
- Zip Code - 53965
- State Highway 12, 23 & 16
- County Road – H
- Interstate – I-90/94
- School District – Wisconsin Dells
- Classified as a City
- History – Founded in in 1857 as Kilbourn by Byron Kilbourn but was changed to Wisconsin Dells in 1931
Cabins & Homes for Sale by The Dells, WI
Acreage & Land for Sale by Wisconsin Dells